Wow ! What a weekend! I just hope that everybody that participate had as much fun as i did.
I am planning on using this blog weekly to communicate and inform everyone on whats going on. It is each and everyone of you responsibility to ensure you read this blog when posted and follow instructions in each section.
Meeting time is expanding to 6-9pm for the FRC build season. Most likely will expand even more as we move forward with our design. Will keep everyone posted.
Parent information meeting will be held on Thursday 1/21/2016 6-7pm. This will be a great opportunities for your parent to meet our coaches and check out our room. More info will be share later this week.
We are also going to start using a meeting minutes form to keep track of our meetings activities. Each sub team should fill this form every meeting to document what we did.
We need to ensure that every parents are ok with the team post that may have the students pictures on social media. Please have your parents review this form and send back to me as soon as possible.
Scholarship opportunity for team seniors here. Servo City is a company we are planning on using for our next FTC season. If you are a senior this year and meet the GPA and other requirements you can apply.
Students TO DO List
- So we now know what we need to do. If you did not see the Stronghold game video, watch it over and over again !!!! Click here to open the 2016 kickoff playlist.
- Found this video on field description. Click here to watch the field description video.
- Read the game manual. Lot of rules and things to know. The more we know as a team, the better we will perform. To view the manual click here.
- Print and have your parents sign the media release form.
This week we are continuing on the strategy design portion of the build. We had some great discussion at Kettering, and we will continue tomorrow at our regular meeting time. Team goal is to have a clear vision of what we are going to accomplish and develop a plan to get there.
We need a volunteer to coordinate building the defense using wood and other material. If someone is willing to take this on, please contact Coach Seb for more information.
Sub Team Notes
Programming / Electrical Controls
- Develop a plan to download the program as it change to different media and backup as necessary.
- Review Labview tutorials.
- Experiment with sensors and how they interact with the controller.
- Experiment with machine vision systems and how it will interact with the controller.
- Continue learning Solidworks
- Setup GrabCad to share files and projects.
- Start looking at component and download / introduce VexPro line to projects.
- Finish the sponsorship/partners level guide
- Make flyer to give out to local business.
- Develop cover letter for requesting partnership
- Develop presentation on who we are. This is the presentation that the team will use to present the team to potential partners.
- Make appointment with Prior Plumbing. Contact Coach Seb for details
- Make appointment with Lumberjack. Contact Coach Seb for details