Great job last week !
We have a prototype ball intake/shooter and a 6WD pneumatic wheels drive assy. I was talking with a coach from Brighton today and they are exactly in the same spot we are. This is a team that has been to the World Championship many times…. Let’s keep up the good work.
Rhino tank threads are due in today. We will start assembling tomorrow.
We need to focus on our sub team. I realized there is some exciting stuff going on, but everyone has a job to do and we need to make sure we are focusing on the task at hand as our deadline is fast approaching.
We will have our first annual Build Blitz weekend of 1/29-1/31. We will start at 5pm on Friday night with a goal of a build robot by Sunday night 6pm. More info to come. To make sure this is successful, we need the design wrap up and parts on order by 1/25/16 at the latest.
Students TO DO List
- So we now know what we need to do. If you did not see the Stronghold game video, watch it over and over again !!!! Click here to open the 2016 kickoff playlist.
- Found this video on field description. Click here to watch the field description video.
- Read the game manual. Lot of rules and things to know. The more we know as a team, the better we will perform. To view the manual click here.
- Print and have your parents sign the media release form.
Sub Team Notes
Programming / Electrical Controls
- Develop a plan to download the program as it change to different media and backup as necessary.
- Review Labview tutorials.
- Experiment with sensors and how they interact with the controller.
- Experiment with machine vision systems and how it will interact with the controller.
- Build Rhino Track Drive Assy
- Sub team to work on ball catcher and thrower design.
- Sub team to work on robot arm design
- Sub team to work on Tower scaling system.
- Finish flyer to give out to local business.
- Develop cover letter for requesting partnership
- Develop presentation on who we are. This is the presentation that the team will use to present the team to potential partners.
- Make appointment with Prior Plumbing. Contact Coach Seb for details.
- Make appointment with Lumberjack. Contact Coach Seb for details.
- Make Thank you note picture.
- Send thank you note to Battery Giant.