Teams are on a good start. Meeting will be held same time, same location this week.
Team is now on the fall schedule, meetings are Monday and Wednesdays 6-8pm.
Game was revealed yesterday. it look like it will be a lot of fun. Challenges will allow a lot of interaction between the teams. Click here to access the Game and season materials.
To get started on the season, we will follow the steps of the design process.
I posted some info in our #general channels on Slack. Please take a few minutes to watch the game videos, and go to to the link provided on Slack to give your input.
Slack is a very powerful collaboration tool that brings everything into one application. Make sure you keep up with the channel communications.
Primary sub-teams also have their own channels. Please review the content as there is already quite a bit of materials that has been posted on there.
Build / CAD Sub Team
- Continue Solidworks installation on the 2 computers in the room.
- Install Solidworks on your home computer. Click here for information on doing this.
- Start taking online Solidworks classes. Watch videos and start modeling using Tetrix components.
- To get practices on doing this, a few interested students should start to model the pushbots in Solidworks.
- Work with coaches to organize Actobotics parts. We do not want to have the parts laying all over the place. Come up with a way to organize bins or other organizers to put the parts in. The following requirements should be taking in consideration when designing the storage.
- Portable… small parts should be in containers that we can easily carry to a event.
- Labeled in a way that we can easily find what we need quickly
- Visual… we can even put picture on whatever you want to use.
Business / Marketing Sub Team
- Develop and work on our thank you note process.
- Review Slack channel for link to the Trello board.
- Some team members should be working on thank you notes.
- Others on grants and application. On the Trello board, you can click on the items to see info on it.
- Ford FTC
- Ford FRC
Programming / Electrical
- Team need to organize the sensors, wires and other parts. Discuss and brainstorms on ways to do this. Talk to the coaches and work in collaboration with the Build / Cad Teams as they are discussing the same.
Main focus right now will be to support the FTC team.
A Trello board will be developed shortly to list what needs to be done in the next few months in preparation to the upcoming season in January.
Enjoy your week.