There will be some Java Programming Workshop at Kettering University in August tailored for FTC.
The classes will be held Tuesday’s from 6:30pm to 9pm starting on August 9th and last classes will be on August 23rd.
This is a great opportunity to learn the basic and get ready for our next season starting in September.
Java is the language we will use for our FRC robot next January. Students attending this class should be interested in working both seasons and teach others when needed.
If you are interested in taking the course, i will be attending and we can arrange for transportation as needed.
Contact Coach Seb as soon as possible if you are interested.
Tuesday August 9th 6:30 to 9:00PM
Part I: Essentials
1) Installing the required software
2) Required new platform hardware
3) Phone configuration
4) Running Robot Controller OpModes
5) Qualcomm Java API’s
6) Java development of OpModes
7) The Telemetry Feature
8) Sample OpMode “Hello Driver”
9) Sample OpMode “Move Forward”
10) Sample OpMode “Tank Drive/Halo Drive”
11) Basic Debugging / Lessons Learned
Tuesday August 16th 6:30 to 9:00PM
Part II: Robot Programming
1) Java Programming Basics
2) The Control Loop
3) Gamepad Inputs
4) Controlling Motors
5) Controlling Servos
6) State Machines
7) Reading Touch Sensors
8) Sample OpMode “Drive Pattern”
9) Sample OpMode “Drive Until”
10) Sample OpMode “Sequenced Pickup”
11) Sample OpMode “Lockout”
12) Troubleshooting / Lessons Learned
Tuesday August 23rd 6:30 to 9:00PM
Part III: Advanced Programming
1) Custom File Logging
2) Analyzing Program Output Datawith Plots
3) Utilizing Multiple State Machines
4) Using the Camera for Auto Targeting
5) Sample OpMode “Logging”
6) Sample OpMode “Camera”
7) Sample OpMode “Recording Camera Images”
8) Sample OpMode “Object Detection”
9) Sample OpMode “Object Tracking PID Controller”
10) Troubleshooting / Lessons Learned